Monday, August 07, 2006

Chemical Weapons: C(k)issa Cola C(k)a


I am not an average Cola drinker, the only time I have colas is when they are mixed with my drinks , but this annual CSE-Cola Companies-Government business is getting on my nerves .

I have a very simple argument. My hometown is Faridabad. The water that comes from muncipal taps there is Brackish, Muddy and what not. There is a problem there, and for that there are no studies and findings required. But nobody is bothered. Earlier Aquaguard and now all the RO Purifier companies are doing a roaring business there. And, I have reasons to believe that it is the same story in almost every other part of the country.

Contaminated ground waters have resulted in flurosis and other diseases taking epidemic proportions in many Villages and towns of India.

If you jog down memory lane, there was a furor once upon a time about Synthetic Milk. What happened???

I would say that this pesticide in Cola story does not alarm the average Indians much. We all have become like the VishPurush’s and Vishkanya’s of Chandrakanta over a period of time. Poison does not affect us now.

Everybody is unnecessarily making the Cola companies the villains here. I guess the lack of pro-activity and silence of Government on these issues as a planned way of preparing and equipping Indians against possible Chemical Weapons use by Pakistan .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home