Thursday, June 08, 2006

Passion Vs Dedication


I was answering the questions on a web psychology testing under the heading Relations and this one set me thinking... "What is more important in a relation Passion or Dedication".On first instinct, I clicked on dedication, but when I had to select the same for what I would like in my ideal match and its importance I had no instinctive answers.

After a lot of thought, and look up of the meanings and etymology on Websters, I concluded that it necessarily has to be a balance of the two, if looking at a lifetime of monogamy, it would be ideally a 60:40 ratio of D:P. Passion has an important role or else you would have people complaining of the spark having gone out of the relation.

If one is looking at serial hopping from one relation into another, then Passion is what it would be. Any amount of dedication will only make you feel guilty.

Its a tough toss-up

3 Comments:

At 7:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Passion v/s Dedication... million bollar question... good work though...

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger msbeautifulmeme said...

I would hv to say passion.. u hv to want to do something b4 u can't to dedicate time and effort into it.. so yes on the end it is a combination of the two.. but I think 1st comes passion..

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger msbeautifulmeme said...

I would hv to say passion.. u hv to want to do something b4 u can't to dedicate time and effort into it.. so yes on the end it is a combination of the two.. but I think 1st comes passion..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home